Activities and Objectives
The IWSS publishes a newsletter that is sent to members twice a year and holds the International Weed Control Congress every four years.
- The objectives of the Society, as cited in its constitution include:
- Encourage, promote, and assist development of global weed science and weed control technology
- Promote and assist international communications between individuals and organizations
- Promote and assist development of special symposia on topics of international interest
- Encourage and assist education and training in weed science and technology
- Provide a calendar of important weed science events
- Maintain liaison with relevant national and international organizations
- Stimulate research, extension, and regulatory programs to answer changing weed problems
- Encourage and assist in development of weed science societies.
To provide an international forum to deal with global weed problems by:
- organizing congresses, and collaborating in organizing meetings and courses.
- publishing and participating in publishing newsletters, proceedings, and monographs.